Cryo-Trans’ (CTI’s) Mechanical Protective Services (MPS) provide a complete service solution for reefer operations.
The CTI Mechanical Refrigeration team monitors the reefer operations of our entire fleet on a 24/7/365 basis. Our MPS team oversees and manages all reefer maintenance, parts and labor, preventive maintenance, and fueling. The CTI cars are serviced and fueled in their operating lanes, while enroute, which reduces down time and speeds up fleet cycle times.
STATE OF THE ART REEFER UNITS:
CTI’s refrigeration systems are the most advanced units on the railroad. All our reefers are equipped with satellite-based, 2-way GPS communication capabilities. In addition, the units have various enhancements, designed for improved operation:
- Solar panels on the roof of each car to charge the battery.
- Built-in accelerometers that record data and measure the railroads humping and switching force on the railcars.
- Temperature sensors in the reefer unit and also in the boxcar to monitor constant product integrity.
- Door-open sensors on both doors to monitor onsite activities remotely.
- Remote fuel level monitoring of the 450 gallon fuel tank to avoid any disruptions to the product in transit.
- Optional refrigeration units available: Hybrid reefer units, designed to plug into electrical power while at the dock, and run on diesel power while in train service or straight diesel power.
- Ability to download railcar trip history temperatures through an internet-based platform which can be shared with customers and their quality personnel, upon request.
REFRIGERATED RAILCAR SERVICE AND PROTECTION
Since its inception, CTI has developed and perfected an international network of reefer technicians and independent fueling companies located throughout North America. CTI’s reefer cars can be serviced and fueled anywhere the railcar travels. Through our MPS service, we are able to keep the railcars moving, thereby improving cycle times of the equipment.